Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lately

This summer has been an easy one, and I've had fun with a few new projects.  Since fall has been declared, its best we recap on my end of summer sewing.

I started my first Cross Stitch pattern.  Here is my boy enjoying one of the many hot days we've had since July.


 After a two week vacation in Montana, here is it's present state:


Unfortunately my right hand now suffers a bit of an ache in it.  Needlework is a little more strenuois than I anticipated.  I must be doing something wrong.  Since I'm using a self taught method and a book, I'm sure I'm missing some good tips from a few pro Cross Stitchers out there.  Is the back supposed to be one big mess of threads?  The messy back made it very hard to get a needle through on the quilts.  

I'm not sure when I'll pick this up again.  I'm gonna stick with the machine work for a while and give my hand a rest.  It even hurts to use my computer mouse.  Ok, enough complaining, already!

On a funner note,  I also started my Churn Dash Quilt.  


These reproduction prints in purple and orange are so much fun to work with.


My blocks are all pieced, pressed, and stacked awaiting my attention.   However, they will have to wait.  They have been added to a growing pile of WIPs (works in progress).   The good news is,  this quilt is on hold for a good reason, because...well,  I've just recieved my first custom quilt order...EEEK!

I know!!!  I've been so excited...This is one of the best feelings.  When you get to do what you love and someone will pay you for it.  Remember this quilt I made for my sister?  Well I've got a customer asking for something very similar.  So all is on hold until I finish it up.  I'll share more as I work on it.  
Lindsay

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay! My name is Julia and I live in New Zealand...Just being looking around your blog and loving all your quilts...you have me very inspired!

    I've only done a little cross stitch so got no special hints except to say that I thread my ends in as I go to prevent a big knotted mess at the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay,
    Just found your blog and a really enjoying looking through the old posts. I believe we are kindred spirits. I am trying to follow you but something is going on with blogger. I will keep trying. I know this is an old post, but I have a feeling you are stitching wit too may pieces of thread. Talk to you soon.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Michelle. I think I needed to take some kind of cross stitch 101 coarse. How many thread do you suggest? I've kind of lost motivation on this one.

      Delete

Say something...anything.