Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hi There!

I haven't been sewing much, hence the quiet activity lately.  Jack has started Kindergarten and I still haven't owned my days.  Funny how that works.  All summer long I was planning and sketching all sorts of fun for the time I'd be gaining once he started school.  Truth is I don't know where the time goes, but before I know it, a week has gone by and I haven't touched any of my precious fabrics.  

However,  this week my Women's Bible Study homework drew me out of hibernation.  

It's about to get real here!  

We were asked to make a mosaic with any material to express the beauty God sees in us.  Its kind of a tricky thing to try to see yourself as God sees you.  So forgetting that part, (I'm a rebel) I just dove into making an art quilt for the first time.  I've never really ventured away from patterns and traditional blocks before so it truly felt organic.  It was quite freeing.  

And so, with my favorite worship music (Gary Rea Worship) on, I allowed the creativity flow.  

This is what happened.   



Worship is a beautiful thing.  So many emotions flow.  So many thoughts.  So much peace.  I thought of the roses in my grandfathers' garden, a place I'd often go to connect with The Creator.  I picked some of my favorite colors for the petals in the rose and I thought of a song from when I first believed.  It goes something like this:

I am my beloved's and He is mine
He brought me to His banqueting table
and His banner over me is Love
(derived from Song of Solomon 6:3 & 2:4)

That was fun!

>>---Lindsay--->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...anything.